Here are some poetry venues I frequent.
- Where: 738 Mass Ave. Cambridge, MA
- When: Every Wednesday Night
- 7:15 pm Open Mic Sign Up
- 8:00 Open Mic
- Poetry Slam
- 18 plus. $3 cover charge.
- Where: Little Theater at the Buckley Performing Arts Center in the Fine Arts building at Massasoit Community College, 1 Massasoit Blvd. Brockton, MA
- When: Every Second Thursday of the month (except as noted)
- 6:00 pm Doors
- 6:30 – 8:00 Poetry Open Mic
- 8:15 – 9:15 Poetry Slam
- Where: Fuller Craft Musuem 455 Oak St. Brockton, MA
- When: Third Saturday of the month
- Noon to 2:00 p.m FREE Poetry Workshop
- 1:30 – 2:00 Open Mic Sign Up
- 2:15 – 3:15 Open Mic
- 3:30 – 4:30 Features
- No cover charge, but there is a Pass The Hat for the feature.
This open mic is part of the non-profit organization Brockton Arts. To hear more about upcoming Open Mics and other events, visit their website, or follow Brockton Arts on Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr.
Poetry @ The Main Street Cafe (CLOSED until further notice)
- Where: 122 North Main St. Easton, MA
- When: Fourth Wednesday Evening of the month
- 6:30 Open Mic Sign Up
- 7:00 Open Mic
- 8:00 Feature
- Pass The Hat for the feature & participants are asked to buy at least one food or drink item.
- Where: Plymouth Center for the Arts 11 North St. Plymouth.
- When: Second Sunday of each month (Except Jul. & Aug.)
- Doors: 11:30
- Noon – Music Feature
- 12:45 – Feature Poets
- 2:00 – Open Mic
- Free admission & refreshments.
From PTAOW site:
POETRY:The Art Of Words was founded by the late Mike Amado and Jack Scully in April of 2008. The program brings a feature musician,a feature poet and an open-mic program to Plymouth each month at The Plymouth Guild for the Arts, 11 North St, Plymouth, MA [except July and August] It is held on the 2nd Sunday of each month beging at 12:00 noon [except May,1st Sunday] Each September they hold a Poetry Showcase at the annual Plymouth Juried Art Show usually on the 1st Saturday of the show.